:...guitar nuts on the quest for superb tone...:

Saturday, March 19, 2005

My New Pet, Furman!


Well.. this just in. I had done some ebay shopping over the past few weeks and finally was able to aquire some new guitar gear to add to the rig. My Furman SPB-8 Pedal Board came in yesterday and I've got to say it's one slick unit. Some great routing options for a stereo amp/pa setup and has ample power to run the gear I've got then some. For now I'm using the PodXt Live on the floor board routing into my my BBE 100X DI . I've also been able to patch my Samson AG1 wireless thru the system for great mobility on the stage. The majority of my playing is at church and unfortunately is wired up mono at present (soon to be changing). Because I'm wired direct into the system from my PodXtLive, most of my great stomps and fx like ping-pong delays, tremolos, etc. have huge limitations in a mono environment. When the current PA migrates to stereo I will be able to run two amplifiers in stereo for some really great tones. Until then, my current rig will suffice. No complaints at all actually. The Pod Xt Live has fantastic sonic representation of some of the worlds best amplifiers. One of my favorites right now is my very own custom Treadplate head & 4x12 cab patches. The PodXt Live is so versatile that I can even use different microphone techniques (digitally of course), like... using two 57's on or off axis for a certain tone or exchange the 57's for a dynamic and pull it back a few feet for some depth - quite amazing really.

1 Comments:

  • yup - you won't believe it man - we gotta jam! this thing blows my mind every time I plug in. you can preset stomps and mods in post or pre, chain em up how u want and.... there's finally an amp mod cut out too :) - it makes a great pre - it sounded soooo sweet last sunday that clayton asked me if it had tube pre's in it LOL...hahahahahahha the wonders of suuuppperrrrbbb digital faking it! I can't afford my diezel head or my matchless... lol - man matto - i miss ya man.. like we never see each other anymore... anywho great to read your typing..lol Andy out.

    By Blogger Andy, at 3/23/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home