:...guitar nuts on the quest for superb tone...:

Monday, March 21, 2005

Time To Connect...


This week I will be making a few of my own patch cables out of supplies from George L's patch cable co. south of the border. Any hard-core guitar nut has a wack of GL's cables on the rig. They're pretty sweet actually: you can order any length of .155 or .225 cabling and choose from a variety of different plug&jacket combinations - the.155 cable is perfect for stomp-to-stomp connections on the floorboard and for rack stuff - the .225 is best for guitar-to-pedalboard and pedalboard-to-amp connections. Good quality connections are essential in delivering the best available tone to the house mix. Can't wait custom up my GL's! Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

  • Hey Richard! Great to see you found the blog - wasn't even posted for tweo days..lol nice work! always got you r ear to the digital ground. About those george L's - yeah I'm looking foreward to configuring the Furman with these, once they come in (haven't arrived yet) - they should work out nice - I like the wire thickness option - very nice to sue the thinner stuff between stomps... and I must press you also in the wireless direction. The Samson AG1 has got some great reviews - I've been using it for a year and only ever had one hickup on stage but I think that prob had more to do with a poorly wired lighting rig than anything RF... The AG1 is really slick.. :)

    By Blogger Andy, at 3/23/2005  

  • Matt - Even though I haven't got my stuff in the mail yet for the cables it looks all pretty user firendly. All you do is order whatever length of cable you want (from the two types of cabling) and choose between straight or angled 1/4" inserts - no soldering required. You can custom to whatever you want....sweeeeet!!

    By Blogger Andy, at 3/23/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home