:...guitar nuts on the quest for superb tone...:

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Brian Setzer Orchestra

Every year we all hear the same old christmas carols, with the exception of some hip hop producer coming out with what's supposed to be a "cool" randition of Silver Bells among other crappy remakes... anyway.... a few weeks back I was tuned into my fav. radio station and out rips this totally rippin' 1940's guitar riffin- rockabily- genius-driven band rockin out Jingle Bells like I've only dreamt possible! Hey, I know this guy has been around for a while, or so I've heard after tossing his name around a bit, but man... he's amazing. Of course he's touring with the most amazing horn sections, drummers, bass players I've ever heard (except my closet-fav retro godfather-of-soul artist James Brown). If you have yet to hear him, give him a listen. He aint mainstream rock for sure but he a great player who can make a Gretch sing with the best of 'em! When I first started playin' guitar I got really into Colin James and followed him right into his Big Little Band album - Brian Setzer brings me back to those sounds, memories...aaaahhh...man, this stuff is flavour unto itself for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home