:...guitar nuts on the quest for superb tone...:

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Taylor T5 Thinline Fiveway

I've always been a big fan of thin acoustic-electric guitars like the Gibson SST simply because I can have the feel of an electric with fantastic acoustic tone. Well, Gibson discontinued manufacturing the SST in January '06 so I've been on the hunt for something similar that I could incorprate in my worship leading and various other playing. If I could have my way I'd have a two necked guitar: one neck being a Taylor acoustic and the other a PRS electric (haha). Well, I'd sure love to stay out of the '80's look on stage... then I came across the new Taylor T5 thinline, recent '06 winner of NAAM's Retailers Choice electric guitar of the year. I had no idea they had come up with such a cool guitar. Not only does the guitar look like a piece of fine art, HC reviews of the T5 are a amazing and promo video clips display the incredible versatility of the guitar. The combo acoustic/electric guitar can take both acoustic and electric strings - whatever feel you need in your style. The price is what you'd expect from a high-end Taylor but would likely pay dividends through the music set night after night - truly a remarkable concept. I'm going to head down the road to the music shop to give one a test drive myself - almost sounds too good to be true.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Andy,
    We're kicking off a new guitar forum, where comments, questions, and advice are wanted. It's designed to find out what guitarist are looking for, and answers to those questions. We encourage you and your readers to post a comment!

    Check us out at GuitarAdvantage.blogspot.com

    Enjoy and Play Well,
    Guitar Guy

    By Blogger Guitar Guy, at 6/04/2006  

  • Thanx for the link dude! I'll be sure to check it out!

    By Blogger Andy, at 6/04/2006  

  • http://www.youtube.com/thevxt

    I think I'm going to wait for the VXT to come out, it looks really sick, more of an electric guitar, but the acoustic sound sounds really sweet, butter than the T5.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/05/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home