:...guitar nuts on the quest for superb tone...:

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Eoghan Heaslip

I'm not one for plugging a lot of contemporary worship music only because I think that most of it sounds the same anymore. For me, going into the local christian bookstore music section is kinda like going to Baskin Robins: pick your flavour... but the flavour only lasts a while then we come back for something else. I mean, how many times can we listen to the same 15 worship songs produced 15,000 different ways? So that said, I'm extreamly "picky" when it comes to whom I will listen to in the worship music realm.
This might sound a little strange but I've had a song running through my head like crazy the past few weeks and I can't seem to get it out of there. I haven't even heard it or played it for 2 years now...odd. Ever had that happen? Well needless to say, I started to hum out the lyrics of the tune and found them to be very encouraging. The song is by Irish based worship leader/song writer Eoghan Heaslip (pronounced Owen Heslip). I first came across his music a few years back - he got some great writing and creativity. Like I said, the lyrics to "Gathering Song" have been marching through my mind contstantly... check them out - I hope they encourage you today:
As we gather, here together in Your presence
As Your people, we acknowledge and remember

The works of Your hands, Your purpose and plan

Your Word through the ages

Like an anchor for all times, as one we sing:


He who has promised will be faithful
He who has promised will be true
He who has begun a good work will complete it

Oh Lord, all our hope is found in You
*sample
*chart

5 Comments:

  • Great call man!

    This song has really touched my life in the past. I need to get this into regular rotation in our church worship!

    Ploeg

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/04/2006  

  • Hey Ploeg'er! Yeah man, this song is so deep! DOn't know what element of the tune strikes me so... just what the doctor ordered for my heart. HE is faithful and true... and although His work may seem undone, it's not finished yet.

    By Blogger Andy, at 6/04/2006  

  • wow...lakewood rocks man! ...clayton too! too bad for NH but I'm sure it will all work out. Yeah, I remember playin that tune at NH for the first time - very cool.

    By Blogger Andy, at 6/06/2006  

  • Hello,
    I am a musician who has been heavily influenced by Keith Green. I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for download.

    I don't mean to be a pest, so if this message is an annoyance, please delete it and accept my humblest of apologies. I just want to share my music with people who love Jesus.

    Thanks,
    -Sean
    ______________
    www.SeanDietrich.com
    "All my music is free."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/2006  

  • Thanx Sean -I'll be sure to check out your music. I am a big fan of Keith Green myself - he was a true pioneer fo authentic musical worship. Melody Green's "No Compromise" changed my life as a young musician - incredible life Keith had for his few short years on this earth.

    By Blogger Andy, at 7/12/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home