:...guitar nuts on the quest for superb tone...:

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

More Links =D

http://www.guitargeek.com/

I've always found this website to be quite cool, it has been around for a long time and has only recently started updating again. They have compiled a list of various rigs used by popular artists, obtaining gear-info directly from guitar techs, various magazines, or the artists themselves. At certain guitar forums I went to, forumites would hack apart guitargeek photos in order to make "geek" style photos of their own rigs.

http://www.guitarprinciples.com/

To me, Jamey Andreas has written the most useful guitar instructional material available. Even without buying any of the books/dvds Andreas has written, there is much to be learned. The forums are filled with very helpful, skilled guitarists writing about technique. The website has very little focus on theory, and about 90% on technique. Jamey's book Principles of Practice for the Guitar deals with technique and how to practice correectly, and isn't based on one genre of music because of this (there is even a lot of material on finger picking for classical ).

http://www.bogneramplification.com/

Bogner is another boutique guitar amplification company in the same vein as Deizel. Very pricey, gorgeous tone. This site has many different sound samples by different artists. I REALLY dig the ecstacy classic. ..if it sounds as good as the samples on the site it will be my dream amp.

http://www.vhtamp.com/frames.html

These amps are BEASTS. Thick massive gain....kind of boogie-ish. The list of artists that use them are fairly impressive for a smaller company.

http://www.conklinguitars.com/

Conklin is a custom guitar company, with some of the most beautiful guitars i've ever seen. Just look at the tops on these things!!!! They are known primarily for their fanfret design and their ability to build guitars ranging from 6-9 strings. Yeah...9 strings. Oh yeah, and they'll build guitars with 30-some-odd frets as well. And to think, 6 strings has been giving me a rough time =S.

That just about does it for me. I've posted pretty much all of the sites i frequent.

One more thing, when posting, watch the time and date. It's never correct, and I think i missed on my last post.

1 Comments:

  • Matt - yeah i frequent guitargeek too - I was looking into trying to get some of those cool litle drawings of the stomps...so I could put my rig together but alas...they are copyright bla bla bla... anyway, very cool site - one of my favs

    How could I forget Bogner!

    Conklin guitars: holy fretboard Batman! That 7-stringer is about the widest I've ever seen on an electric - but yes, that's some beautiful wood work... almost as nice as the prs... mwhahahahah...

    By Blogger Andy, at 3/24/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home