:...guitar nuts on the quest for superb tone...:

Saturday, April 23, 2005

First Day Recording!

Mercy Train has been in Richard's studio three times since April 2/05, and today was my first day laying down electric guitar overdubs. Today was my first time in a studio. I feel quite spoiled to be using such a high quality facility, and to be working with such high quality talent and skill.

I used a mesa/boogie dual rectifier tremoverb mic'ed with a 57, approximately one inch away from the center of the speaker, and a Soundelux U195 approximately one foot away from the center of the amp.(<---that's for you Nathan =] ) My POD 2.0 was used direct on a few tracks for it's automatic volume swell. I know nothing about mic'ing guitars, but I really like Richard's way, it sounds fantastic. You can't argue with results, lol.

I went right into the amp from my wolfgang, and it sounded smoking! I was extremely pleased with the tones I was able to achieve. Between Skip and Richard, the control room was smokin' hot with good ideas that made their way onto the tracks.

1 Comments:

  • Great to hear your tracks went down well, Matt.

    By Blogger Andy, at 4/24/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home