:...guitar nuts on the quest for superb tone...:

Friday, April 01, 2005

Samson AG1 Wireless System


Had to blog about my Samson AG1 Wireless System. Here are a few reasons I enjoy using my AG1:
  1. It eliminates the guitar cable (obviously) thus providing more free movement on stage
  2. In my playing environment, I can dock & power my AG1 reciever on my SPB-8 pedalboard while setting up my guitar on stand 50' across stage for quick pickup - I just roll up my volume pot and play (once again, no tripping on that blasted cable)
  3. The transmitter is small and has a -15db pad switch (for active p/u's), reciever is quipped with a pad pot and trim pot too :)
  4. Just one AAA battery in the transmitter can last up to 14 hours...they say... I charge two AAA rechargables on my SPB-8 - I use one for about 5 hours of continuous playing and still have a backup AAA if I need it, and like I said before, I power my reciever unit via SPB-8, but always have the option to go 9V battery
  5. I have been using the AG1 for about two years and in that time have never noticed any guitar tone/signal degradation. I keep all my pedal/amplifier connections plated with nickel if not gold for good signal transmission.
I have used the AG1 in numerous audio environments (including outdoors) and have never had any crazy issues. Well, there was just one time... but that was almost two years ago and due to some power cable being laid ontop of my reciever and poor pedalboard configuration. Since working out those bugs, my AG1 is one of my best purchases and has remained very faithful to the ongoing quest for stage tones.

I always check out gear reviews at Harmony Central (HC) - just to see what other guys like and dislike about a piece of gear before I go and invest my $ on it. You can check out the Harmony Central review of the Samson AG1 Wireless System here. FYI: HC gives the AG1 wireless an overall 8.2/10 with the lowest category in the reviews being customer support from Samson (who needs the support when the AG1 manual is published online...?).

I prefer the AG1 of course and love it to death. I have used other wireless belt-clip packs before for stage use and can honestly say that they do not deliver a "more clear" tone to the amp than the AG1. Anyway, here are a few other wireless systems to compare with the AG1:
And the answer is clear really... Samson was a biblical prophet and hero after all... he was the strongest man ever to live...see any obvious parallels here? (Judges 13.24...lol)

1 Comments:

  • Yeah the AG1 is sweet, man!

    Just being in the studio environment with a guy with Richard's character along with experience is enough sometimes... say hey to jamie for me and all the best tomorrow laying down the beds n' scratches...

    By Blogger Andy, at 4/01/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home