:...guitar nuts on the quest for superb tone...:

Friday, March 25, 2005

The Dance



So I'm sitting around doing my chemistry ILA on molecular structure and my mom puts on a cd while she makes her signature italian soup (it's my favourite food EVER!)......It's Fleetwood Mac's live CD "The Dance" recorded in '97. My mother has owned the cd since she has owned a cd player, and over the years the music has seeped into my subconscience. I was able to sing a long with every single song. I haven't actually heard the cd in years, but every day (especially when we lived in FL) me and my bros would go swimming and my mom would have Fleetwood Mac on while she tanned or whatever. I didn't appreciate the music as much back then, although when I was 11 or so i learned "I'm So Afraid" and "Big Love."

As I was listening to the cd today I found new appreciation for Linsdey Buckingham- vocalist, guitarist, song writer, and producer. He has a very distinct sound both tonally and in his phrasing. I think he's fairly underrated, he's no Phil Keaggy, but he's definitely great. And his guitar looks weird, that always counts for something. =)


1 Comments:

  • Very cool, Matt. Lindsey Buckingham's guitar made me jump back from the screen "yikes." It's gotta sound pretty sweet. Hey I did some digging on the manufacturer of the guitar. Check out the inlays on the march featured custom at www.alembic.com. Very cool - very 70's.

    By Blogger Andy, at 3/26/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home